Thursday, January 13, 2011

A girl's guide to golf balls - finding that special someone...

When I started to reflect on choosing golf balls, I couldn't help but laugh because I realized that when I really think about the process - its a little bit of a love story! My first love was Top Flite. Before I found Top Flite, I looked around, and tried a lot of different brands; who could blame me? I was young, and free, and there were so many exciting brands available on the market! I tried a lot of them; but it wasn't until I played a Top Flite that it just felt "right" for me. Sure, there were some bad days with Top Flite. I hit some shanks; I duffed a few shots, but overall - I was committed to Top Flite - my first true love!

My love affair with Top Flite lasted about 7 years until I was playing a course that did not sell my brand! I'm a bit surprised actually, that my relationship with Top Flite lasted as long as it did, because I started to play at much nicer golf clubs where Top Flites don't really "fit in", but I was committed. At that course that fateful day though, I was introduced to Titleist DT Solos and I never looked back! Last year was a bit rocky as Titleist decided to break DT Solo into two different brands - DT Roll and DT Carry, so I will admit that I strayed briefly and gave Taylor Made a chance. This year though, DT Solo is back on the market, so Taylor Made is just my back-up ball if my DT Solo can't be there for me! I'm in love again!

So what should you do to find the golf ball that you love? Well, I would recommend just playing the field! Try out a lot of balls and you'll eventually find the one that is right for you! Just don't get too frustrated by the process - remember that you might have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince!

No comments:

Post a Comment